Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Granola Recipe




I have finally did it! After several attempts I have created a granola recipe that I am happy with. This granola is so versitile, you can eat it as a cereal, snack or a healthy dessert with frozen yogurt.

Granola

4 1/2 cups rolled oats (make sure not the instant)
1 cup wheat grem
3 cups pecan (roughly chopped)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
3 tbsp smart balance buttery spread
1 1/2 cup of honey or (1/2 cup of honey and 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried chopped dates

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Combine oats, pecans and coconut in a large mixing bowl. Melt honey, water, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, smart balance spread and brown sugar in a small sauce pan on medium heat. Heat until brown sugar fully melted. Making sure not to boil and stir constantly. Add honey-sugar mixture to oat mixture and mix until completely coated. Spread mixture out onto a parchment covered sheet pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely. Break up granola and toss with cranberries and dates. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Mo,
    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have a tough time making granola. I never can get the flavors just to my liking. Your recipe looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Mom on the run, thank you I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing from fellow bakers/cookers or guest just dropping by. Don't be shy,leave a comment.